I can hardly call this a recipe, more an art of assembly! Everyone has their preferred fillings when it comes to toasted sandwiches but this is how I like to make mine! Gooey, crispy, cheesy goodness!
- Heat a griddle pan or frying pan low to medium heat.
- Grate the gruyere and cheddar cheese on the large side of a box grater, toss together.
- Slice the loaf into thick slices and spread the butter on both sides.
- Top half the slices with sauce of choice, grated cheese and two slices of sliced ham per sandwich.
- Top with the other slice of bread and press down.
- Put them on the grill pan and cook for 4 minutes on either side.