Not only was Elvis famous for his music career, but he also had a love for some seriously trashy food. This sandwich is a perfect example and one that although completely calorific, you must give a go if only for kitschiness alone.
- Fry the bacon in a hot skillet pan until sizzling and golden. Remove from the pan and place on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Lightly toast the bread slices. Spread one side with peanut butter and top with the banana slices or spread with mashed banana.
- Lay the bacon on top and sandwich together. Repeat for the second sandwich.
- Heat the pan again and melt the butter.
- Fry the sandwich until golden on both sides and the peanut butter has melted.
- Serve straight away!