It always surprises me just how simple carbonara is every time I make it! Just a handful of ingredients are needed to make a rich, creamy pasta dish, most of which you probably have already! If you’ve never made this classic pasta recipe from scratch, now is the time! In 15 mins you’ll be glad you started!
- Cook the pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add the pancetta and fry for 2-3 minutes until sizzling. Remove and drain on a plate with kitchen paper.
- Drain the spaghetti, reserving a little of the cooking water.
- Return the pasta to the saucepan and working quickly, stir through the parmesan cheese, keeping some to use at the end, egg yolks and cooked pancetta.
- When the pasta has a silky coating, season to taste, add remaining Parmesan cheese and serve straight away.