Bangers and Mash is such a classic comfort dish and this recipe is no exception. It has the extra flavour punch with the addition of roasted garlic to the mashed potatoes. This a quick and simple mid-week super that doesn’t compromise on flavour.
- First things first, get the garlic in the oven. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Slice the top of the garlic bulb just enough so that each of the cloves is exposed and place in roasting tray.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with some salt. Roast in the oven for 40 minutes or until soft and tender. When the garlic is cooked, remove the roasted cloves from their skins and mash with the back of a fork.
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a large saucepan of cold water and bring to the boil over a high heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer and simmer gently for 15 minutes or until tender when pierced with fork.
- Drain the potatoes, return them to the pan and add the butter and hot milk. Using a potato masher, add a little bit more or less milk and butter, it is up to you.
- Add the mashed garlic and season with salt and black pepper, stirring to combine. Cover with a lid and set aside while you cook the sausages.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan over a high heat and fry the sausages on all sides until golden brown. Serve the mash topped with the cooked sausages and tuck in.