If you’re looking for a gooey chocolate fix, you’ve come to the right place. This cake is perfect for a quick dessert and uses basic ingredients that you probably already have in your store cupboard.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Grease a 20cm cake tin with a removable base, grease the tin and line with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Remove from the heat, add the sugar and eggs and mix well.
- Add the flour, cocoa and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Pour into the prepared cake tin and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
TOP TIPThe cake won’t rise dramatically but you should be left with a set top and gooey middle.
- Serve in slices, with a dusting of icing sugar and a handful of raspberries. You can also add a little whipped cream to top it off.