These have to be the most amazing potatoes, just the way I like them, crispy and crunchy on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside. It’s really worth getting some goose fat as it imparts wonderful flavour.
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C/400˚F/Gas mark 6 and place the goose fat in a roasting tray and into the oven.
- Place the potatoes in a pot and fill up with water until covered. Bring the pot to the boil over a high heat and simmer for about 7-10 minutes. The potatoes should be cooked on the outer edge but still raw on the inside, you can check this by pierce with a fork.
- Drain the potatoes and then place back in the pot. Place the lid on a give a gentle shake to lightly fluff the edges.
- Tumble the potatoes into the hot goose fat and toss each one to coat before sprinkling with a generous amount of sea salt.
- Roast for 35 minutes until golden and crisp.