Who did not want a perfect pyramid of Ferrero Rocher at dinner party growing up? Clearly the height of sophistication- these homemade ones will no doubt be the perfect after dinner treat!
- Chop half the chocolate and place in a mixing bowl.
- Bring the cream to a steady simmer in a saucepan and finely chop the chocolate. Pour the cream over the chocolate and using a small whisk, mix the cream through the chocolate until it is completely melted.
- Add in the vanilla extract and 50g of the chopped hazelnuts. Mix until evenly combined.
- Allow to cool slightly before covering with clingfilm and place in the fridge for about an hour until it is firm enough to scoop.
- Remove from the fridge and scoop out tablespoon amounts onto a lined baking tray. Press a whole hazelnut into each scoop and then roll into little balls.
- Lay the crushed waffle cones and the remaining chopped hazelnuts out on a small baking sheet or plate and mix to combine. Roll each of the balls in this until evenly coated.
- Melt the remaining 200g of chocolate. Carefully dip each one in the melted chocolate and leave to set on a wire rack set over a baking sheet.