What can be more sophisticated than homemade petits fours after Christmas dinner. This recipe can be adapted with whatever flavours you like, so feel free to experiment! Just package these chocolate truffles up in little festive bags and they make the perfect little edible gift.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C. Roast the hazelnuts in roasting tray for about 8 minutes or until toasted. Keep an eye on the nuts as they can burn easily. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- When the nuts are cooled, tumble them into a dry, clean tea towel and rub off the skins. Roughly chop and set aside.
- Place the chocolate in a bowl and set aside. Bring the cream to the boil in a saucepan and then pour over the chocolate. Using a whisk, mix the cream through the chocolate until it is completely melted.
- Add in the frangelico, vanilla extract, instant espresso powder, and chopped hazelnuts. Cover with clingfilm and place in the fridge for about an hour until it is firm enough to scoop.
- Scoop out tablespoon amount onto a lined baking tray. Place back in the fridge for 15 mins and then take them out again and roll into little balls.
- Dust a clean work surface with icing sugar and cocoa powder and then roll the truffles to coat. Place back in the fridge to set overnight.