These may look like ordinary chocolate truffles but I’ve add some finely chopped stem ginger which adds an incredible extra dimension and wonderful sweet heat. This is my basic truffle mixture so you could easily add other flavors like Frangelico, or some chopped roasted hazelnuts. The wonderful thing about making these truffles is that they are incredibly simple to prepare and are highly impressive!
- Place the chocolate in a bowl and set aside.
- Bring the cream to the boil in a saucepan and then pour over the chocolate. Using a whisk, mix the cream through the chocolate until it is completely melted.
- Add in the stem ginger and mix.
- Cover with clingfilm and place in the fridge for about an hour until it is firm enough to scoop.
- Scoop out tablespoon amount onto a lined baking tray. Place back in the fridge for 15 mins and then take them out again and roll into little balls.
- Dust a clean work surface with cocoa powder and then roll the truffles to coat.
Place back in the fridge for an hour or so until firm.