This recipe comes from my auntie Ann who spent a lot of time in America over the years and has picked up some really great US inspired recipes. This banana bread is deliciously moist and is extremely easy to throw together. You can add a little sliced banana on top before it goes into the oven or sprinkle some nuts or even stir some chopped nuts or chocolate chips through the batter!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Grease a loaf tin.
- Cream the sugar and the butter in a bowl with a hand held mixer until light and pale.
- Add in one egg and a little flour and mix through, repeat with the other egg and the rest of flour and baking soda, until everything is mixed through and smooth.
- Peel the bananas and mash them with the back of a fork. Add them to the bowl with the vanilla extract and mix through.
- Pour the mix into a well greased loaf tin and place in an oven for approximately 50 minutes. You can cover it with tinfoil after 25 minutes to stop it browning too much on top if you need too
- Insert a metal skewer into the centre of the loaf and if it comes out clean the banana bread is ready. Remove from the loaf tin and place on a wire rack to cool. Enjoy with a big cuppa!